Friday, October 23, 2015

what a week!

Okay-I really mean "oh these past few weeks-or months!!!!!" This is my tenth year of teaching, but at times I feel like a first year teacher. New grade, new demands, new challenges...the ups and downs, the "I can't believe you just said that to me..." 

Then I remember it's all part of the plan-God's plan. It's what I was praying for. I prayed for God's will in my teaching career, specifically switching grades and that I would trust Him to put me where I was supposed to be. Fast-forward to the end of October and I find myself shocked at what I hear and see daily while at school. Then God whispers-Trust me-My grace is sufficient-My power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor. 12:9)

You see many days I feel like a failure. That I should have been able to do more, do better or do something that would reach these children. That I should have smiled more and been more of an encouragement to my colleagues. That I should have been more Christ-like. 

Grace and mercy. How thankful I am for grace and mercy from God. That His mercies are new every morning and that He is so faithful (Lam. 3:23). That He is always with me-even in my classroom. Oh how I pray for more of Him! More of God's love, patience and grace that extends through me to each and every child. For His joy to be my joy that radiates to each person I encounter-colleagues, students and parents. He must increase, I must decrease (John 3:30)

God has blessed me so much this year! He has put my heart back together and drawn me closer to Him, given me a greater desire and love for Him alone and a peace that truly does pass all understanding. And that was through a break-up that had me thinking life was over. 

How wrong I was! It was just the beginning!!


Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing. ~James 1:2-4

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... God certainly uses our weaknesses to highlight His glory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful testimony of God's promises alive in your life and your recognition of His strength made perfect in weakness as you bring all Glory to God.

    ReplyDelete