Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting Lost


Today is Day 3 out of 10 of "Getting Lost." I am on a 10-day love feast with God. Using Dannah Gresh's new book Get Lost I am finding my complete satisfaction and utter dependence on God and God alone. No boys (not that there were any :)), no distractions, just me and God. The premise of Dannah's book is based on this quote (author unknown)- "A girl should be so lost in God that a guy will have to seek Him to find her." I want to be that girl. I want to be the girl that is God-crazy, God-filled and completely surrendered to Him alone. And in just 3 days, it is amazing what God has taught me- about Himself, about me, about God and me together and how we can have an incredible, intimate relationship. 

The challenge begins on day 1 by "Getting Lost in His Presence"-  asking God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. I have learned that "the Holy Spirit is the force that draws us into love" and that "the ultimate purpose of being filled with the Spirit is to be in a state of fullness." Why is this good? Because satisfaction comes from being filled with the Spirit and we can love others with an agape (an all-consuming selfless) love. It is impossible to do this without being filled with the Spirit of God. 

On day 2 I got lost in His pursuit. Oh, how I long to be pursued-pursued by that godly guy who wants to know me so deeply and will not stop until he wins me over. Wake up Krystle! That dream may be on hold, but I am always being pursued- by my Creator, my Savior, my King. Do I need anything or anyone else? No I don't. Dannah has a saying- "Jesus is enough, God is sovereign." I knew these things but now I saturate myself with them. I am only focused on Him and He, the Lover of my soul, wants me to respond through active obedience. I want to be able to say as David does in Psalm 63:8 "My soul clings to You, your right hand upholds me." 

Today was getting lost in His Words. This is a place I feel most comfortable. I have been getting lost in His Words-consistently and purposefully-for a while now. I could not survive without His Words, but now with God as my only focus- I am able to savor them and meditate on them in a whole new way. God revealed to me today that He is going to use my broken past to bring glory to His name. The words of Paul in Philippians 3:13-14 become fresh once again: "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

One final thought to share-God answered a prayer of mine from a while back about finding a godly woman to be able to connect with. By divine appointment and mutual hairdresser, this "new, old" friend of mine (from college) were able to reconnect. We have been able to hang out together twice and she has already been such an encouragement and blessing. I was telling her about this love feast I was about to embark on and she challenged me to take it a step further by stepping back and taking a break from Facebook. At first, my mind was like "mmmmm, I don't think so" but as we talked about the reasons why, God changed my heart. So for at least the next ten days I will be off of Facebook completely. My mom will share my new blog posts through my Facebook page, but I will not be anywhere near it. If you would like to leave any thoughts, please use the comments section of my blog.

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. -Psalm 27:4

 Linking with the T2 Women

No comments:

Post a Comment