Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Believe...

I love having Mondays off! (last Monday the 11th) :) Especially when there are no doctor appointments to go to, no big errands to run, no pressing, urgent matters to attend to. A day of pure rest and relaxation...??? Well if you are anything like me, then you know that rest and relaxation does not come easily. My brain does not turn off. I cannot turn the volume down. I have a restlessness that easily comes over me. 

The only way I can truly rest and relax is when my mind is stayed on Jesus. When Dr. Dixon was the president of Cedarville University my freshman and sophomore years of college, he would sometimes start chapel off with the song, "I woke up this morning with my mind, with my mind, stayed on Jesus. (Repeat 3x) Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!" Those simple words have never left me. 

Today I bought the album My Hope: Songs Inspired by the Message and Mission of Billy Graham. The first song is by the Newsboys titled "We Believe." The words to the chorus are:

We believe in God the Father
We believe in Jesus Christ
We believe in the Holy Spirit 
And He's given us new life
We believe in the crucifixion
We believe He conquered death 
We believe in the resurrection
And He's coming back again

Joy and peace washed over me. Yes, I believe! I believe in God the Father, I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe in the Holy Spirit, that He's given me new life, I believe in the crucifixion, I believe He conquered death, I believe in the resurrection and that He's coming back again. I believe! I would like to share the whole song with you below. I hope it encourages you and gives you true rest and relaxation in Him. He is coming back again! 


***If you are receiving this via email and the video does not show up, please view on my blog at worshipingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment