Monday, March 30, 2015

Be Brave and Stand

Doesn't it seem like the world is going crazy? Every time we turn on the television there is never-ending bad news-somewhere in the world, twenty-four seven. When I was really sick-stuck on the couch-unable to walk except from the couch to the bathroom (thank God for being able to do at least that!) I would watch the news most of the day.  Now I can barely watch it without becoming anxious or upset. I have to turn it off or walk away. 

And I have God on my side. I have a relationship with the Creator of this world. I can talk to and receive peace from the Kings of Kings and Lord of Lords, yet I can feel this way when I watch the news! How do people who don't have God do it? Where do they find their peace or joy or satisfaction? How do they live day in and day out not knowing what is going to happen when they die? Or what will they think when they do die and it isn't what they expected?

These are the questions God has been bringing to my mind and laying on my heart. In a chaos-filled world, there is a solid rock. Christ is the solid rock. I hear God saying-Why Krystle aren't you telling them about Me? I have no answer. There is no excuse. There is no reason why-unless you count insecurity and anxiety and not knowing what to say or how to start the conversation. 

God wasn't accepting that answer. Moses immediately popped into my head-along with Abraham, Rahab and David. God can use anyone-as long as He is working through us we don't need to be afraid. More than ever people need the Lord and I have the answers. 

Easter is here! He is risen! That is the gospel message! He lives!!! He is the answer to every problem. I stand on the promises of God-why wouldn't I want to freely share these amazing promises about my God who sustains and carries me day by day? 

I love hymns and am currently listening to Keith and Kristyn Getty-Live at the Gospel Coalition. Every hymn is beautiful and powerful. The hymn, "By Faith" came on and the words struck me, especially the chorus-

We will stand as children of the promise
We will fix our eyes on HIM our soul's reward
Till the race is finished and the work is done
We'll walk by faith and not by sight

Fixing my eyes on Him, my soul's reward! Till the work is done! How can the work get done if I am silent? Walking by faith is not easy, but He is greater and mightier and nothing is impossible in His name. So when He whispers, "Tell the world" I need to seek and use the opportunities He provides and speak the good news-He lives!!! 

The whole hymn is encouraging so here is the video if you want to listen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment