Saturday, March 7, 2015

First or Last Call?

Life is full of highs and lows, mountains and valleys. Forget life for a moment- EACH day is filled with highs and lows. Lately it seems that the lows have formed a mountain and the highs are buried underneath. Singleness, chronic health problems with daily pain and a job that just feels more overwhelming and impossible to do each day-these things comprise my current season of life. 

When the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad days pile up, who do we turn to first? Do we talk to the people we live with? Do we pick up the phone and call our best friends? Get on Facebook (or any other social media outlet) and tell the world what is wrong? 

Yes, I have done all three of those things. Then I saw this picture and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't know where this picture came from and who to give credit to for it, but I am very thankful they posted it. 


Let it be Jesus the first name that I call. Challenging, huh? It is easy to turn to the people we can see and hear and comment/message with. However, Jesus wants us to turn to Him first. He sees everything that happens to us. He willingly and tirelessly listens. He loves us no matter what. He never leaves us and He waits for us to cling to Him first in those not so great moments of life. He wants us to turn to Him first even in the best moments. He wants all of us. This is what God has been teaching me through the trials. He provides a peace that passes all understanding and gives hope that no one here on Earth can. 

In case I missed God's point, the song "Let It be Jesus" (Chris Tomlin) played through my iPhone the other day. What is funny is that I never make it to the end of the playlist where this song is located. I know it was God's way of getting his message across to me. Here are the words: 

Let it be Jesus
The first name that I  call
Let it be Jesus
My song inside the storm
I'll never need another

For me, to live is Christ
For me, to live is Christ
God I breathe Your name above everything
Let it be, Let it be Jesus

Let it be Jesus
From the rising of the sun
Let it be Jesus
When all is said and done
I'll never need another, Jesus there's no other

Should I ever be abandoned
Should I ever be acclaimed
Should I ever be surrounded by the fire and the flame
There's a name I will remember
There's a name I will proclaim
Let it be, Let it be Jesus

It's a beautiful song and a precious reminder to call on Jesus above all else. It has been in my head since the day I heard it. We will truly never need another no matter what we face during this life. Let it be Jesus- He is the best first call you will ever make. 

Here is the song: 




No comments:

Post a Comment