Monday, March 16, 2015

Trust


These words have resonated with me since I saw this for the first time on Facebook months ago. I want these words to be true of me. I want this to be my goal. It was the reason I started this blog over 2 years ago. This world is not my home. My longing is for more-for my eternal home in heaven with my God, my Savior, my Jesus. 

I still find myself with the desire to get married, have children and to serve God with my life. However, I trust God no matter what. Yes, I believe God has given me these desires, but He has given me a greater desire for Him. This world will do everything it can to knock you down, chew you up and spit you back out (over and over and over again). That's where the trust comes in. He knows-the beginning, the middle, the end. He knows our whole story. I want Him to be my story. Nothing compares to God. Nothing compares to His unfailing love, His overflowing grace, His abundant mercy. The things of this world fade away when compared to my omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God. 

She doesn't follow the crowd
and she doesn't fit the mold
because being like the world 
is not really her goal.
Her TRUST IS IN THE LORD 
and she longs for much more
than anything this world
could ever have in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment