Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Choose to Say


Life is all about choices. God gives us freewill. Throughout this chronic illness, God has been truly teaching me to say "Blessed be His Name" whether the day is good or bad. The words from this popular song played through my speakers this morning on my way to get another cortisone shot.


Blessed be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness 
Blessed be Your name


As I listened to these words, I thought do I? Do we, as children of God, truly say blessed be Your name to our Heavenly Father when things are dark, when life doesn't go the way we want it to or the plans we have aren't God's plans? Here is the rest of the song:


Blessed be Your name 
When the sun's shining down on me
When the worlds all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name 

Every blessing you pour out 
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in Lord
Still I will say...

Blessed be Your Name! 

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will CHOOSE to say 
Lord Blessed be Your name!

"Blessed be Your Name"
Matt Redman lyrics 

God has taught me that my suffering and pain can be an offering to Him depending on my attitude. God does give and take away- my heart will choose to say! It's a choice and it makes all the difference. I cannot do it through my own strength. It is the power of the Holy Spirit living in me that allows me to genuinely say Blessed be Your name God- no matter how dark life gets. 

However, my "bad" day will never compare to someone who does not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I am just a sojourner in this world-it is not my home. I am humbled and amazed each day that God chose me to be adopted into His family before the creation of the world. This free gift alone should cause me to shout Blessed be His Name! each day. 

God's plans are far superior to my plans and His way is the only way to true joy and contentment. This is what He has taught me-the hard way-but I would not change this path He has me on. Why? Because I know it is His will for my life and there is no better place to be. 

Linking with Titus 2 Tuesdays, Simply Helping Him, Faith-Filled Friday and One Sharendipity Place

4 comments:

  1. " Every blessing you pour out
    I'll turn back to praise" - I love this line - and that praise turned back to Him makes a difference in the dark times, the challenge times! Choose Love! Choose Blessing! Choose to see life blessed - I am so glad you do and shared your heart today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystle, I love this song. I also suffer with a chronic illness (several auto immune issues) and so know what you go through. I have a post coming up about one and talk about them. It is a choice, every day, to give praise and have a good attitude. Stay strong and He will give you strength and perseverance. Kim, Linking with Faithful Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ladies I am joining in with you! It's sometimes a lonely club we are in :( but we can always depend on the One who is always dependable! One thing I have learned about my chronic pain and limited mobility the last few years, God has never left me alone or without grace for every single day. I, too, blog about it and the number one question I am asked is, "Why are some Christians healed and others not?" So that is one of the first subjects I tackled! And it is something that seems to bring them so much comfort when they see some answers in scripture.

    Much grace to all of you that suffer here below. Our glory will be revealed!
    Nannette
    hopeinthehealing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wOw! I'm so glad I visited here today, for you ladies have it all over me!! I'll get a migraine and I am ready for the Lord to take me home! (I don't think I've ever blessed Him in the midst of my migraine before). Thanks for sharing, it has been a blessing to visit with you all!!

    ReplyDelete