Thursday, July 11, 2013

10,000 Blessings


Lately I have been feeling unsettled, discontent and done with dealing with chronic illness and what to do about it, which doctors to go to, what medications to take...you get the point. However, God calls me as His child to "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS, again I will say rejoice" in Philippians 4:4 and in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18- "Rejoice ALWAYS, pray WITHOUT CEASING, give thanks in ALL circumstances (emphasis added)

Yikes! Challenging commands- always rejoice, always pray, always give thanks! So often I find myself failing on a daily basis. I could let it get me down, give satan the opportunity to come even closer whispering his lies OR I can remember and think on God's great love, mercy and grace that He gives to me each morning. 

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." ~Lamentations 3:22-23

This promise in Lamentations is why I can rejoice always, even in the midst of heartache, sickness, trials and temptations. 

Keep your life free from love of money and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me? ~Hebrews 13:5-6

This promise from Hebrews is why I can give thanks in all circumstances because God is always with me. I am never alone, I am never without Him. He has given me everything I need to be content. He is my helper. Such joy that verse brings to my heart. 

But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. ~Micah 7:7

This promise in Micah is why I can pray without ceasing because God will always hear me. Since He is always with me, prayer does not have to end. Prayer can be a continuous conversation from morning to night.  

So I have decided to count my blessings. God's blessings are infinite to His children. I would love to get up to 10,000 blessings so that is what I am challenging myself to do. This is a way I can learn to rejoice always and give thanks in all circumstances as God commands us! 

My Blessings for today, Thursday July 11, 2013

  1. God's saving grace 
  2. Being one of God's chosen 
  3. My salvation
  4. My relationship with my Savior 
  5. God never leaves me or forsakes
  6. God is sovereign- nothing ever surprises Him- He knows ALL!! 
  7. I am just a sojourner in this world-I am not home yet! 
  8. God hears me when I prayer
  9. God's mercies are new every morning
  10. I do not have to be anxious or worry about anything because my trust is in God
  11. I live in a country where I can worship freely without fear of persecution 
  12. I have access to many different translations of the Bible and can freely read His word
  13. I can share my faith freely 
  14. I can worship at a Christ-centered, people-loving, church 
  15. God has brought wonderful women into my life through this church 
  16. God has given me life-long friendships with incredible women from college 
  17. God has provided a mother and father who go above and beyond for me each and every day even at the age of 30
  18. God has given me a brother, though we don't always get along, he is a blessing. 
  19. I have a place to live where there are always people around or close by
  20. I have plenty of food to eat.
  21. I have clothes to wear. 
  22. I have a car to go places. 
  23. I have books to read. 
  24. I am able to go to the gym & ride the bike slowly-its a start :)
  25. God has provided all my needs- Phil. 4:19
Tomorrow, 25 more blessings! I would love to hear what/how God has blessed you! Leave me a comment below!!! Our God is good all the time and all the time God is good! 

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ~1 Peter 2:9 

Linking with Faith Filled FridayOne Sharendipity PlaceInspire Me Monday and Can I Joy Dare You?

6 comments:

  1. Ah, it's so refreshing to stop and remember the many, many blessings that surround us, even in hard times. Thanks for the beautiful encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy! Thank you for your comment! In this crazy world, it is nice to know that God is good all the time no matter what we are going through!

      Delete
  2. That is so important Krystle. To stay focused on what God is doing - look for it. I would love you to link this post to Can I joy Dare You? at www.janiscox.com
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Janis! I just linked up with you and I love Can I Joy Dare You? It is awesome and such an encouragement!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for linking to Can I Joy Dare You? Yes - keep looking for the blessings every day and it will take your mind off the "not to perfect" things in our lives. May you have a spirit-filled Saturday.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know Mary at (Stories of Rain and Rivers)? She is also counting to 10,000 (reasons to worship God). Blessed to visit here! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete