Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Wedding Season Begins...

Only 3 days to the Rehearsal Dinner and 4 days until my brother is married! The time has flown by and on Saturday night I will have a sister-in-law and a niece. It all seems surreal. 

Because if I am being really honest I would tell you that I never thought my brother would be getting married before me, that I would once again be a bridesmaid before a bride or that I would once again be single at a special, once-in-a-lifetime celebration! 

Every time I try to throw myself a pity party, the words "He knows" are whispered in my ear. How many times have I written those words in my blog posts? During the lonely moments, the tears streaming down my face moments, the unknown moments that lie ahead-how many times have those words been whispered to me? Every single time-He has proven faithful and spoken His words of truth and love into my stubborn, faithless, self-focused, temporal mind. God never disappoints. God never lets me go even when I walk away, when I get frustrated, when I wonder why I always have to wait, when I scream in my head that everyone else gets what they want (when I know all these things are not true-only Satan's lies and deception.)

Two simple words: He knows. He was human-physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. For 33 years He was on this earth-one year longer than me. He gets it. 

Not only does He know, but He wants me to focus solely on Him as my Bridegroom. I am His bride. He is coming back for me. He wants me-even when it seems like no one else does. This picture came across my Facebook feed from International House of Prayer: 


Jesus died for me. He conquered death for me. He wants me to have a fire in my eyes for Him like He has for me. The kind of fire that calls for sacrifice, self-denial and no pity parties. 

Isn't that what this life is all about anyway? It's all about the Gospel-its all about Jesus. Whether single or married, we are called to reflect Jesus and to share the Gospel- He lived for you, He died for you, He was resurrected for you. He wants YOU! He loves you so much that He wants you to spend eternity with Him in heaven. Do you hear Him calling your name? 

Linking with Friendship Friday,  Inspire Me Monday, Monday Musings and Titus 2 Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment