Sunday, August 16, 2015

Clinging

After a morning of worshiping my awesome God, I found out some news that ripped my healing heart open again. Over the last 9 months, I have seen Psalm 34:18 in action- "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit." It has come alive and I have felt the Lord lovingly and tenderly putting the pieces of my heart back together. Today I found out that my ex got married recently. This was one of the reasons we broke up-because he never wanted to get married. But things change I guess. 

Anyway, he really isn't the point. God is. Despite the pain and hurt I feel, I know God is still sovereign. He is still trustworthy and faithful. He is still with me and knows exactly how I feel. I am clinging to Him. C-L-I-N-G-I-N-G to His promises and to Him because He hasn't changed. I know that He has the perfect plan for my life and that everything that He is working out in my life is for my good and His glory. God knows my dreams and desires. He knows my heart. He knows everything. I can hand it over to God in prayer and let it go. I can have true rest in Him. 

However, knowing this and doing this is not always so easy. There have been tears. There have been lies from the enemy whispered in my ear that is was me who wasn't good enough to be chosen as his wife, that I always fall short, that no one wants me. That's where the choice comes in. The choice to believe the lies or to cling to God and trust Him completely. Today I am choosing to trust God and have faith that He has me exactly where He wants me. Is there something ripping you apart today? Are you believing the lies of the enemy? Cling to God and trust Him. He alone will give you rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment