Saturday, May 16, 2015

Victory!

I have been reading in 1 Corinthians and came across one of my favorite passages of Scripture (the more I read God's Word, the more the list of favorites grows! :)) This is truly what I am waiting for-nothing, absolutely nothing else compares: 

Brothers I tell you this: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, and corruption cannot inherit corruption. Listen! I am telling you a mystery:

We will not fall asleep,
but we will all be changed,
in a moment, in the blink of an eye,
at the last trumpet.
For the trumpet will sound, 
and the dead will be raised incorruptible, 
and we will be changed. 
For this corruptible must be clothed 
with incorruptibility,
and this mortal must be clothed
with immortality.
When this corruptible is clothed
with incorruptibility, 
and this mortal is clothed
with immortality, 
then the saying that is written will take place:
Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Death, where is your victory?
Death, where is your sting?
Now the sting of death is sin,
and the power of sin is the law. 
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord's work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 

1 Corinthians 15: 50-58

Amen, right? I cannot wait! I hope these words encourage you in the week ahead as they have encouraged me and continue to encourage me each and every day. To God be the Glory, Great things He hath done! 



1 comment:

  1. "..always excelling in the Lord's work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. "

    Strong encouragement when the days feel unrewarding.. and some days may.

    ReplyDelete