Sunday, May 24, 2015

Song Sunday: Same Power

It's not easy living the way Christ commands us to. In fact, in goes against everything that our culture promotes. It's counter-cultural and it can be hard, especially if we try to do it in our own power. When we become children of God, we receive the Holy Spirit that comes and lives inside of us.The Holy Spirit is powerful and we too have this power available to us. What a gift from God! 

I've mentioned before that I am doing the study- True Woman 201: Divine Design by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. This week's element of true womanhood is self-discipline. I struggle with self-discipline-in more than one area. Bottom line-no excuses. But I can overcome and you can too. Mary and Nancy say it better than I do so I took a picture of what God has been teaching me this week: 


Wow, right? We serve a Mighty God! But where does Song Sunday come into all this? Well, God has been giving me His strength and grace to be able to walk on the weekends around my neighborhood. If you know of my struggles with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's and chronic Lyme, then you know this is huge. It has been wonderful for so many reasons. At the top of the list is that I get to listen to worship music. Jeremy Camp's album, I Will Follow, has a song called "Same Power." Hmmmm, coincidence? Not with God in control. 

I can see waters raging at my feet
I can feel the breath of those surrounding me
I can hear the sound of nations rising up
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome

I can walk down this dark and painful road
I can face every fear of the unknown
I can hear all God's children singing out
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome  

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, Lives in us

The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a raging sea
Lives in us, Lives in us
He lives in us, Lives in us

We have hope that His promises are true
In His strength there is nothing we can't do
Yes, we know there are greater things in store
We will not be overtaken 
We will not be overcome

Greater is He that is living in me
He's conquered our enemy
No power of darkness, No weapon prevails
We stand here in victory 


No comments:

Post a Comment