Thursday, July 9, 2015

Off the Map

Another vacation Bible school (VBS) has finished for the summer at my church. It was a great week with a fun theme that the kids really enjoyed. I had the pleasure of teaching the kindergarten age group. Fun, but exhausting. It was only from 9-12, but I came home each day (especially the first two days) hurting and falling into bed for a nap after eating lunch. 

Not exactly what I pictured my life being. Not exactly what I pictured my summer looking like either. I planned for VBS-that was a given, but my health spiraling downhill was a surprise. I thought that my health would improve when school ended, but there have been so many doctors appointments that I haven't really slowed down. But I know God wants me right where I am. VBS is for the kids, but the message this week has been more for me. 

The theme is "Journey Off the Map" and it is all about following your guide (God) no matter where He leads and no matter what He asks you to do. Through the music and lessons (about Daniel Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego), God is working in my heart and head to "stay the course." To trust, obey and follow Him. No matter where He leads, no matter what He asks me to do. 

I just don't know what that is yet. I know He is preparing me for the future. At this time of uncertainty in life (where I definitely feel "off the map") I have never felt calmer or more at peace. Spending time in His word, through prayer, through books and sermons, I am finding that transformation and renewing of my mind that is spoken of in Romans 12:2. 

Living life in the power of His transforming and amazing grace, fixing my eyes on Him and learning that each season of life is a gift from Him. Truly living life for Jesus, running hard after Him and leaving it all in His more than capable hands brings peace that only He can give. The future: "Unknown to us, known to Him." 

Our VBS Bible verse for this week: 





1 comment:

  1. Krystle -
    VBS! I remember those days - so much fun and yet so much exhaustion too. Thank you for sharing your journey and reminding us that even int he ups and downs of life, we can be at peace in Him. Praying for your health journey, wisdom for the doctors, and above all Healing! Blessings to you today and everyday. Stopping by from Sharing in His Beauty and Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete