Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting Patiently?

While I'm Waiting...that is the name of my blog, right? If you have been with me since the beginning of my writing journey then you know that I am ultimately waiting for Jesus' return. At times I am anxiously awaiting, sometimes searching the sky, looking through the clouds, daydreaming about His  glorious arrival. Come, Lord Jesus, Come! 

I am also waiting for the time that God, if it be His will, will bring a godly man into my life. To serve God with, to start a family with, to raise this family in His truths and to do more together for the Lord than we could ever do apart. 

I know God has me right where He wants me. 32 years old, single, living at home, teaching in a public school and working in the nursery at my church. Right where He wants me. Do I know all the whys? Nope. Do I need to know? Nope. That's where faith comes in. Faith and trust in my Heavenly Father and His sovereign plan for my life. But I don't always wait so patiently. The struggle is real. It can be difficult. I am currently reading Elisabeth Elliot's The Path of Loneliness. I highly recommend it no matter what season of life God has you in. 

Chapter 22 is titled "How Do I Do This Waiting Stuff?" I love the answer and so I thought I would share it with you today. Elisabeth's answer comes straight from God's Word-Psalm 37. She describes this list as the principal elements from this Psalm of David (New English Bible translation). This list is straight from the book (parentheses added by Elisabeth and italics also). 

Trust in the Lord and do good. 
Dwell in the land (make your home, settle down, be at peace where God puts you)
Delight in the Lord (make the Lord your only joy)
 and He will give you what your heart desires. 
Commit your life to the Lord. 
Trust in Him and He will act. 
Be quiet before the Lord. 
Wait patiently for Him, not worrying about others. (pages 161 and 162)

There it is. The steps: trust, dwell, delight, commit, trust (again), be quiet and wait. Simple to write, hard to put into practice. Worth it? Most definitely! God is teaching me so much during this season of life. I have yet so much to learn, but I will continue to seek Him and I know that I will find Him as He promises in His Word. To God be the glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment