Sunday, December 29, 2013

Glorious One

A few weeks ago at church we sang the song "Glorious One." It has been stuck in my head ever since. I don't mind. It is a praise song and God deserves my praise. Psalms is full of verses that talk of praising God joyfully:


O Lord, open my lips and my mouth will declare your 
praise. ~Psalm 51:15

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. ~Psalm 63:3


My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, 
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips
 ~Psalm 63:5

My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; 
my soul also which you have redeemed. ~Psalm 71:23

My lips will pour forth praise, for you teach me your statutes. ~Psalm 119:71

and continually


I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. ~Psalm 34:1


Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mothers womb. My praise is continually of you. ~Psalm 71:6


But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more.~Psalm 71:14

and in Hebrews: 


Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. ~Hebrews 13:15 

One of my goals for the coming new year- for my lips to joyfully and continually sing praise to God, my Savior. Here is the song "Glorious One" by Steve Fee. 



(If you receive this post through email, please go to worshipingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com to view the video)

Linking with Inspire Me Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment