Friday, December 27, 2013

Late Night Thoughts


Its night two of not being able to fall asleep. So what does one do when they cannot fall asleep? Well in my case they look at Facebook and Instagram over and over again because I have already used up all my Candy Crush lives and have to wait 30 minutes to get a new life. Then I try to fall asleep, but my mind starts thinking about my singleness and wondering if I will be alone forever. Wondering if I will never have the opportunity to be pursued by a man of God. Its fun to be pursued. Its been a long time since it has happened to me. 

Don't get me wrong-I don't want to be pursued just because its fun. I want to be pursued by my future husband, by the man that will love me like Christ loves the church, who puts God first and is hungry for more of Him and wants to actively serve Him. I want a man who wants a family and considers children a precious gift from the Lord and has entrusted us to raise them in His ways. I am not naive. I am not looking for a husband to make me complete or to find my satisfaction in him. I have already found my completeness and satisfaction in Christ and Christ alone. I know marriage is not a fairy tale. It is hard work, but I think it is worth it. 

However, I know that might not be in God's plan for me. I hope it is, but I know that God will provide grace and strength and peace if it is not. His plans are perfect and my times are in His sovereign hands. Each day is a gift from above. I have been created by God to glorify Him, to become more like Him, to be His hands and feet. This world is not my home. I cannot wait for Jesus to return and take me away to live with Him FOREVER!! The sooner the better. Here is a song I want to share with you tonight by Michael W. Smith called "Take Me Home."



(If you are reading this through email, please go to worshipingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com to view this video)

Linking with Faithful Friday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment