Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bombs Away

Earlier this week I felt like bombs were dropping all around me. Every time I took a step there was another explosion. As I sit here now I realize this was God answering my prayer. My prayer of reconciliation with the man I had spent the last year of my life loving. The man I thought I would serve God with, marry and raise a family with-my happily ever after. That answered prayer shattered me and destroyed my hope of a renewed relationship. Suffice to say, God revealed deception-lies, cheating and red flags I had glossed over earlier. God was protecting me. His fingerprints were working for my good even though it hurt and still does. 

Even though this all took me by surprise it didn't take God by surprise. Through devotional resources that God knew I would need and the Word of God (which I always need), I was reminded that God is sovereign, that He is trustworthy and that He is in complete control. What seems like chaos to us doesn't rattle God. He is not rattled, He never abandons, He never lies. What He offers is His steadfast love and faithfulness and so much more. 

I found myself praying these words today:

Because You (God) know, I can breathe. 
Because You know, I can face each moment.
Because You know, I can have peace. 
Because You know, I can wait.
Because You know, I can have rest. 
Because You know, I have hope. 
Because You know, I don't have to know.

When the "what-ifs" and the "if-onlys" invade, when the devil whispers lies and tries to play on my insecurities, when the emotions and pain and hurt rise up, I know God knows why this happened. I may never know and that's okay. He knows. He always knew and He will always know. He is my rock. He is my resting place. He is always by my side and His plans are for my good according to His will and to bring Him glory. 

God is wise. God is loving. God is faithful. God is trustworthy. God is powerful. 

I know He will sustain me and restore me. He will bring healing. His steadfast love endures and his mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness! 



1 comment:

  1. Hello dear friend. I know these times are hard (I'm sure only the Lord knows the full extent of your pain). But God is near and I love how you are running to Him - the best place you can be right now! So excited to see what God has in store for you - He's going to use you like crazy! :) Love you - you deserve the BEST! Hugs from Ohio! :)

    ReplyDelete