Sunday, June 21, 2015

Salt and Light

When I find a new artist and start listening to their album I find that I have a hard time making it to the end of the playlist. I keep repeating the songs in the beginning and middle because I love them so much! I always find that I keep missing those last two or three songs. Does this happen to anyone else?

Of course, those last few songs are gems. They are just as wonderful as the other songs but it might take me months to hear them. The song that has been on "repeat" in my head this week is an "end of the playlist" song. It is from Lauren Daigle's album How Can It Be. The song is "Salt and Light." 

Beautiful reminder of God's redeeming work in my life! Beautiful words that capture the desire of my heart- "Let my heart overflow with passion for your name, Let my life be a song revealing who You are."



Oh the beauty of the King
You make righteous those who seek
You have written and redeemed my story

Let my eyes see Your kingdom shining all around
Let my heart overflow with passion for Your name
Let my life be a song, revealing who You are
For You are salt and light 

Oh the love that set me free
You bring hope to those in need
You have written and redeemed my story

For You are salt and light
You are love's great height
You are deep and wide
You are a consuming fire


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Lauren Daigle! I am constantly looking for new Christian music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the song pick me up...great lyrics!

    ReplyDelete