Saturday, June 15, 2013

Faith...Trust...Hope


I am losing the battle today. I know to trust God in all things, to have faith in the One who made heaven and earth, to wait patiently for Him with hope. Yet my heart is struggling and the enemy knows this and attacks. Satan starts with my dreams- marriage, children- and gets to work in my mind telling me that it will never be, that I missed my chance, that no one wants me, that no one will love me like I long to be loved here on this earth. And it can all go downhill from there...BUT praise God! I have a choice. I have the choice to open my Bible and read the promises God has for me. There are so many verses to choose from, but here is just a sampling of what I found in God's Holy Word. 

Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God. 

Proverbs 3:5-6- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. 

Ephesians 6:16- In all circumstances take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. 

Romans 15:13- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 

Jeremiah 17:7- But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. 

Isaiah 26:3-4 -You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. 

Psalm 31:14-15 -But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God" My times are in Your hand; 

Psalm 141:8 -But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord; in You I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless! 

Psalm 37: 5- Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying Krys! Thanks for sharen at One Sharendipity Pl. this weekend!

    sue @the2women.com

    ReplyDelete