Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting for What?

I suppose I would say I have been waiting for, dreaming about, hoping and praying for a husband and 3 children. :) HOWEVER, in the last few months God has been changing my heart. My dreams of becoming a wife and mother have not wavered, but my viewpoint has. Instead of looking out to the world, I have begun to look up to God, my sovereign God, who has said He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). But my God does not stop there. In verses 12 and 13, He tells me to call on Him, pray to Him, seek Him and that He WILL be found. 

So that is where I started and what I have found has surpassed my wildest expectations. I am now waiting for Christ to come again and praying that He will come quickly. Before my perspective was "Please God don't come back before I get married and have children, please pretty please." Now it does not matter because God is so much greater than those dreams. He is a God who sent His ONLY Son to die for me on the cross and to defeat death by rising again on the 3rd day. He promises me so much through His Holy Word- the Bible. I cannot wait to spend eternity with Him. So while I am waiting for God to return, I have started to worship Him through His Word, through prayer, through singing and through my church. But I have just started to scratch the surface because He who has started a good work in me is going to complete it (Philippians 1:6) He is a faithful God. 

I still want a husband, but a Godly man that I can serve God with and together we can bring more glory to God than apart. God has called me to serve Him right now through my teaching and singleness, but I also long for the day when I can serve beside this man of God. If God calls me to singleness, then He will change the desire of my heart and I will embrace that reality.

And so starts my blog. My desire is to share my heart and what God is teaching me about Himself and how it relates to where He has me NOW...single and satisfied in Him...not when I am married with children. Every day is a gift from God and He has blessed me abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment