Thursday, May 9, 2013

Could we...?


Could we live like Your grace is stronger than all our faults and failures?
Could we live like Your love is deeper than our hearts can fathom?
Could we live like this?

Could we live like Your name is higher than every other power? 
Could we live like Your ways are wiser than our understanding?
Could we live like this?

I heard this song "We Could Change the World" by Matt Redman for the first time today. It has been on repeat in my car and in my heart and mind. These lyrics resonate deep within me and I think "Could we?" and I know the answer is YES WE CAN! YES I CAN! WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE (Matthew 19:26, Mark 9:23 and 10:27, Luke 1:37 and 18:27).

Another question comes to mind- Will we? Will we live like His grace is stronger than all our faults and failures? Will we live like His love is deeper than our hearts can fathom? Will we live like His name is higher than every other power? Will we live like His ways are wiser than our understanding? 

Matt Redman answers the verses to this song with the chorus: 

 Yes, our God is all He says, all He says He is
Jesus, in Your name we could change the world
We stand in Your love, in Your power
And all You say we are
Jesus, in Your name we could change the world

Again the voice in my head says...but will you? The song continues to v2

We believe that Your grace is stronger than all our faults and failures
We believe that Your love is deeper than our hearts can fathom
So could we live like this and shine in all the world
Could we live like this?

We believe...we believe...but do we act like it? Do I act like it? Do I shine in this world and show the lost that His grace is stronger than my daily faults and failures? Do I show that His love is deeper than I can even wrap my heart and mind around and that it is a free gift? Do I act like His name is higher than any power in this world-do I show that peace He gives me that passes beyond understanding? Do my thoughts and actions reveal that I know His ways are wiser than my understanding...that I should count it all joy-my singleness, Lyme disease and any other trial that God allows-because I know He will use it for my good and for His glory?

The song concludes with: 

We're saying, "yes, Lord, yes, Lord!"  
What else could we say, what else could we say?
We're saying, "yes, Lord, yes, Lord!"  
We're going all the way, we're going all the way
We're going to live like this

We're going to live like this
 Jesus, in Your name we could change the world
We believe, we believe
Jesus, in Your name we could change the world
 
That is the cry of my heart today. That I will say Yes Lord, I will shine in this world! Yes Lord I will go all the way! Yes Lord-what else could I say? God has given me the greatest gift the world has ever known- His Son Jesus (John 3:16). This gift of redemption and forgiveness is free. All you have to do is accept, believe and confess. Jesus paid the price and He wants you! 

Heavenly Father, may my life radiate with Your love, grace and mercy towards others so that they may come to know You and that with Your power we, your people, can change the world- a world that so desperately needs You, Lord! In Your Holy name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment