Thursday, May 2, 2013

Friends for Life


Kel and I-2003

It's Thursday afternoon. The energy drink from this morning has long left my body and only by God's sufficient grace am I able to finish the school day and drive home. It's the National Day of Prayer and I confess to God that I want to pray, but am just so tired. Only through His strength am I able to pray for our country that needs God more than ever before instead of finding new ways each day to reject Him. Prayer is powerful and prayer lifts my spirit as my eyes turn from selfish me up to my listening God. Afterwards, God blesses me as I go through the mail and find this.


A precious birthday card from my amazing college roommate-Kelly! I feel blessed and then I open it and read it and thank God for this lifelong friend-that no matter how far away or how many years go by-we can reconnect like it was yesterday. Kel shared Psalm 30 with me and I was greatly encouraged so I want to share it with you as well. May it lift your spirit as it did mine. I also found some college pictures a few weeks ago as I was cleaning my room and thought I would share some of the amazing ladies that God has allowed me to know and keep in touch with 8 years later here.

Psalm 30
A Psalm of David. A song at the dedication of the temple.

I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
    and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you have healed me.
O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
    you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.
As for me, I said in my prosperity,
    “I shall never be moved.”
By your favor, O Lord,
    you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face;
    I was dismayed.
To you, O Lord, I cry,
    and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
“What profit is there in my death,
    if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
    O Lord, be my helper!”
11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment