Friday, May 10, 2013

Drained, Not Defeated

TGIF! Have I ever been more happy to hear those words? Right now I am drained, depleted, decreased, destitute (can you tell I heart thesaurus.com and alliteration? :)) However, I can look forward to God's gift called the weekend. I don't know if you're in the same place I am at this moment, but as I cried out to God, He has brought to mind the words- restore, renew, refresh and revive. I started to search for verses that speak of what I so crave and desperately need right now. I thought I would share them with you so that come Sunday night/Monday morning, we are ready to face the week ahead with a restored (or renewed, refreshed, revived- you decide) body and mind.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. -Psalm 51:10-12

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 40:31

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name Bless the Lord, O my soul,  and forget not all his benefits who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. -Psalm 103:1-5

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. -2 Corinthians 4:16

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. -Psalm 23:3

When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive. -Psalm 69:32

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. -Isaiah 57:15

Finally, one of my favorite verses-

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. -1 Peter 5:10




No comments:

Post a Comment