Saturday, May 18, 2013

Getting Lost-in Yada


 

Days 4, 5, and 6 of Dannah Gresh's book Getting Lost have focused on getting lost in God's intimacy, strength and friendship. Each day of this love feast with God has been incredible. Today I want to talk about intimacy with my Savior. I have learned that intimacy with God is a process that can take your entire lifetime. Intimacy with God is seeing myself the way God sees me and that can be difficult especially in our culture's obsession with beauty and perfection. However, God's word is filled with the way He sees me and you-and I pray you read these words of truth aloud.

Psalm 139:1-5, 13-16

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. 
 You know when I sit and when I rise;  
you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
 You discern my going out and my lying down;  
you are familiar with all my ways. 

 Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely
 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.  
 
 For you created my inmost being;  
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  
your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be
 
WOW!!!! How great is our God and how marvelous are His works-We are His creation and we were made in His image (Genesis 1:27)! We are His workmanship-created in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:10)! You and I are daughters of the King (2 Corinthians 6:18)! 

I am sure you have heard the saying "yada, yada, yada" which translates in my book to "blah, blah, blah" but I learned that "Yada, God's word for true sex, means "to know, to be known, to be deeply respected."  That tiny word sure packs a punch and it is anything but blah! It does not matter what we have done in the past. God knows EVERYTHING about us, yet still loves us deeply and wants to know us. As we grow in intimacy with God, we are assured that we can see ourselves through God's eyes. When we see ourselves through God's eyes, we get lost in Him. His desires become our desires.  

2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come."

Dannah talks a lot about "Yada" love in her book What Are You Waiting For? The One Thing No One Tells You About Sex . I highly recommend this book especially for single girls and women who hope to get married one day, but I also believe it is a good read for married women as well. 

Intimacy with God is a process. Patience is the key. May this be my quest each day- to become more intimate with God- to know Him more deeply, to be more deeply known by Him- to have that "Yada" love emotionally with my Lord and Savior. 

Keep me as the apple of your eye. 
Hide me in the shadow of your wings. 
-Psalm 17:8 

1 comment:

  1. Love this and your blog! You are doing a super job!! I want to feature you again this week!! GREAT Job Krystle!!

    ReplyDelete